Create a website
Learn how to create a simple website that will set the foundation for the future.
Learn About Design
Discover the importance of how to lay out a web page and why good design always sells.
Start A Business
Get advice on how to start a business and understand the significant role a website plays in it.
Does your child want to create their own website?
Do they have all these crazy ideas about starting a business?
Then sign them up for this 3-day camp for children 7 years of age or older. This virtual summer camp will teach your child how to create a website, the importance of good design, and how they can become an entrepreneur. Space is limited!
No sunscreen, traveling across town or needing to pack a snack. Everything is done right from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a working computer and access to the internet.
How it works:
- Sign up using the button below
- Camp starts on a Monday and goes until Wednesday
- Each day your child and I will meet at the designed time (you choose this on my scheduling page – the time you pick on Monday will be the time we meet Tuesday and Wednesday as well) for 1-hour via a Zoom video chat
- I will walk your child through signing up for a website and going over the main areas they should be aware of to start
- I typically show them first and then have them try. Zoom allows us to easily share the screen
Not only will your child learn the importance of good web design and how to start their entrepreneurial journey, they will also be able to have a recording of our sessions to review later.
Did you know the standard college application these days asks if you’ve ever created a business?
Creating a website is just the start. By the end of camp your child will not only have a website and a better understanding of why good design matters, they will also have a solid foundation of what it takes to start and run their own business. Who knows, they might even be able to teach you a thing or two!
What does my child need?
Your child will need a
- Working computer (not a smartphone or tablet) and an internet connection
- Working email address
- And a reminder to click on the links I send for each day at the right time
What software will they be using?
We will be using SquareSpace as it has a free 14-day trial then after that you need to upgrade in order for your child to keep their new website. Upgrading will cost you $144 for a year and that includes a domain which is all done through SquareSpace.
What are the dates?
This is a 3-day virtual summer camp that starts on June 5th and runs through the 1st week of August.
- You will pick which week you would like your child to attend
- You will look at the scheduling calendar to see what week works best for your child. Select either morning, early afternoon or afternoon (Note: this will be the same time your child and I meet each day)
- Then just reserve your spot. Please, note: full payment is due upfront.
After you reserve your child’s spot I will send you a follow-up email within 24-48 hours that will contain 3 different Zoom meeting links (one for each day – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday at the time you chose)
What are the prerequisites?
Really, all your child needs is:
- A working computer (not a smartphone or tablet)
- Access to the internet
- A working email (I will send them the Zoom meeting link which just means at our set date and time they will go to their email and click the link. Zoom will walk them through the easy setup, no installs required
- And an interest in business and/websites
Who is the teacher?
Hi I’m Ed Troxell,
I’m known as the guy who makes business and technology Stupid Easy®!
I am an entrepreneur who loves talking about business and playing around with technology. I use to work for an elementary school for over 8 years and prior to starting my own business, I was with Apple working at their retail store.
I love to share what I know and teach kids as well as adults what’s out there waiting for them to discover. You can discover can learn more about me here.